Wednesday, May 19, 2010

And it starts...again.

Ever fall off the band wagon and then go screaming after it? But then you have to stop because you're so out of breath because you're so out of shape that you just give up running and go get ice cream? Yeah, I feel you.

I'm 25 years old and fat. Wait a minute, I've always been fat or larger or however else you want to sugar coat it. I've always been happy though. Well, not always. I've been mostly happy. Some days I just look in the mirror and sigh. Those sighing days have been increasing in number as of late and I'm tired of sighing. Who wants to go around sighing every time they see their reflection?!? Not me that's for damn sure.

So here I am. Putting my weight loss battle on the world wide web for all to see.

And let me clarify. I call it a battle. Because it is a battle. Tooth and nail, I'm going to have to take out my earrings for this one, battle. Some people call it a journey, or a goal, and that's fine. But not me.

It's me versus every bad habit I have. Every thought I have about eating an entire thing of ice cream. Every morning I want to sleep that extra hour instead of going to the gym. It is a battle.

It's day one of the battle that this time I am going to win.

This is my last summer before I graduate from college. My last "it's okay I'm a college student" summer. But this summer, it's going to be different. This summer I'm using to take my body back. I'm paying for my life with this summer. Because if things don't change now, I don't know how many summers I'm going to have left.

Thank you for joining me on my battle.

No comments: